“Thanksgiving, man. Not a good day to be my pants.”
For these adorable Thanksgiving turkey cookies, you need all sorts of treats! I made them to bring to my family Thanksgiving celebration as fun goodies. They are definitely not the healthiest of all desserts but they are so cute that I just had to make them.
The frosting I used comes in a bag with a tip already attached to it. Make sure you cut the tip very small on the red and white frosting so that you can do the intricate details. These are available at the grocery store and they are so convenient! You could make your own frosting but this is just so easy.
- Double Stuffed Oreos (one package makes 15 cookies)
- Reese’s Pieces
- Reese’s Miniature Peanut Butter Cups
- Chocolate Frosting
- White Frosting
- Red Frosting
- Black Sprinkles
1. Use the chocolate frosting to attach one Oreo to the other as shown above. I propped them up against a glass pan to let the frosting set.
2. While frosting is setting, cut a side off of the Reese’s Cups.
3. Using the chocolate frosting, attach the peanut butter cups to the Oreos as shown.
4. Attach the Whoppers to the top of the peanut butter cups with chocolate frosting. As you can see, it drips so do not use too much!
5. Squeeze some chocolate frosting into the top crease of the Oreo. Let sit for a minute or so and then attach the Reese’s Pieces in any pattern you like.
6. Draw legs on the bottom Oreo using the red frosting.
7. Flip the cookies upside-down. Cut orange Reese’s Pieces into quarters. Attach as a beak using the red frosting. Add a wattle (the red thing) on the side of the beak. To make the eyes, use some white frosting with a black sprinkle in the center. Let the frosting set for four hours to make sure that everything stays together. Enjoy!