“Never a lip is curved with pain that
can’t be kissed into smiles again.”
Lips are a sensitive body organ and the fact that we use them for speaking, eating and smiling, it is best to know the ways to take care of lips. As lips have extremely sensitive skin, they seem cracked, bleed and seem unnaturally red, as the temperature drops.
Around 92% of women use lipstick each day, but the truth is that they are still more likely to apply an eye cream at night than to reach for a specialist lip product at night. The best way to kiss dry, chapped lips goodbye is with a little gentle exfoliation and moisturizer.
- Try rubbing lip cream with a light toothbrush topped with lip cream, so that the fine cracked particles on your lips are removed completely.
- To relax the lip, mash a quarter of ripe papaya to a juicy paste. Then, lie down on a towel and apply a generous amount to the lips and the skin around the lips. Leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes, rinse it off and apply lip balm. Papaya contains exfoliating enzymes and can help to soften and refine lip lines.
- If your lips are prone to dryness and cracking, check out daily maintenance creams with skin-exfoliating AHAs (alpha-hydroxy-acids) moisturizer, Vitamins A and E and an SPF 15, which has been shown in trials to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles on the surface of the lips in one month.
- Keep your lips hydrated with a UV protectant lip balm. Try to avoid ones that taste good so that you are not tempted to lick your lips. Saliva will dry out your lips so keep that tongue off of your lips!
- The perfect way to treat dry lips is by applying a paste of equal quantities of fresh butter, nutmeg and turmeric.
- Here is a secret tip to smooth your lips that is so easy, you can do it twice a day. After you are done brushing your teeth, rinse all of the toothpaste off of your brush because it will prevent drying. Gently brush your lips with your brush and your lips will be smoother in no time!
“Teach not thy lip such scorn, for it was made
For kissing, lady, not for such contempt.”