These lovely little ditties sound rather strange but they are oh so delicious! Everything is better with bacon, right? This recipe comes from a Great-Aunt of mine who had my cousins and I prepare them for our Grandparent’s 50th wedding anniversary. While us cousins were putting them together, we collectively thought that they were the most peculiar combination and in no way could be edible. Once they were roasted, they were gone in a flash! They are absolutely wonderful! Here is my Great-Aunt’s recipe…. enjoy!
- 10 ounces of pitted dates
- 1 can of pineapple chunks
- 1 & 1/2 pounds of bacon, each slice cut in half
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Stuff each date with a pineapple chunk. Cut the opening wider if necessary. Wrap each stuffed date with a slice of bacon and place on a rimmed baking sheet. If you are not going to bake them immediately, you can freeze them for up to a month in a freezer bag.
4. Serve with toothpicks and watch your guest devour these delicious appetizers!