So… to continue Tiffany & Company week, I decided to make a culinary delight with using my favorite color, Tiffany Blue!
Here is an explanation of the color from Wikipedia:
Tiffany Blue is the colloquial name for the light medium robin egg blue color associated withTiffany & Co., the New York City jewelry company. The Tiffany Blue color is protected as a color trademark by Tiffany & Co. in some jurisdictions including the U.S. The color is produced as a private custom color by Pantone, with PMS number 1837, the number deriving from the year of Tiffany’s foundation. As a trademarked color, it is not publicly available and is not printed in the Pantone Matching System swatch books.
Anyway, this is my favorite color and as you can see, it is a copyright protected color so finding things in Tiffany Blue is a bit difficult. To make the color using food coloring, the basic formula is 6 blue drops and 2 green drops. It can be pretty accurate and I checked the color of my frosting against my Tiffany & Co. passport cover and used the food coloring formula until I got a shade that I was satisfied with. Here is the recipe for these delicious treats!
Chocolate Whoopie Pies
Makes 2 dozen
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk, room temperature
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Sift together flour, salt, cocoa powder, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside. Line two baking pans with Silpats (French nonstick baking mats) or parchment paper. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla. Beat until well combined. Slowly add dry ingredients. Mix until combined.
2. Using a 1-ounce ice cream scoop, place cookies onto lined baking pans, 12 per pan. Bake for 12 minutes. Remove to a rack to cool. Repeat with remaining batter.
3. Spread 2 tablespoons filling (recipe below) onto each of 24 cookies. Sandwich together with remaining 24 cookies.
Tiffany Blue Cake Batter Filling
- 1 Cup of butter, room temperature
- 1 Cup of vanilla cake mix
- 3 Cups of powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons of milk
2. Add food coloring until Tiffany Blue color is achieved and add to Chocolate Whoopie Pies. Enjoy!