“Why, sometimes I’ve believed
as many as six impossible things
I am a proud Francophile. Anything that has the words, France, French, or Paris on it, chances are it will soon be mine. I love reading about France and the French lifestyle and whatever I can replicate, I will try! I know I have readers in France so I apologize in advance for any inaccuracies. The French Country idea here is to add cream to the eggs and bake them slowly.
I am not a huge fan of eggs in the morning but add some sautéed onions and mushrooms with some cream and cheese and I am sold. You can adjust the quantity of any of the ingredients to your taste but I recommend one egg per ramekin. You do not have to use all organic ingredients, all of mine just happened to be so. This recipe is quick, easy, and elegant… three of my favorite things!
French Country Baked Eggs
- Heavy Cream
1. Sauté the onions in some butter. Add the mushrooms and sauté until soft. Add the garlic for the last 30 seconds.
2. Put the mixture into the bottom of a ramekin dish.
3. Sprinkle the shredded cheese to the top of the mushroom mixture.
4. Crack the egg on top of the cheese. Add a bit of heavy cream and move a knife through the yolk to break it and spread across the cheese. Add some salt and freshly cracked pepper.
5. Place on a baking sheet and bake at 325°F for about 12 minutes. Sprinkle with chives and serve! Caution: it will be hot!!