but I love Ham and Cheese sandwiches.”
Do you love crescent rolls as much as my siblings and I do? We absolutely loved having them for holiday meals when we were younger. I remember the first time I went grocery shopping for myself in college, I was so excited to be able to buy crescent rolls in the middle of September… with no holiday in sight! The “quick” part of this recipe comes from the canned crescent rolls. If you want to make a homemade version, King Arthur Flour offers a seemingly simple recipe which I will have to try in the near future. I just happened to have a can left-over from when I made the Portabella Brie Cups.
- Crescent roll dough (canned or homemade)
- Black Forest Ham
- Brie cheese
- Dijon mustard
- Prepare dough either from King Arthur recipe or according to the can’s directions. Lay out on an un-greased baking sheet.
- Cut the ham and brie into small squares. Place on the bottom side of the dough. Add a bit of Dijon mustard to the top of the ham and Brie.
- Roll the dough into the crescent roll shape by rolling the bottom up towards the tip of the triangle. Pinch together any holes to prevent the cheese from oozing out… we want to keep that all in the roll!
- Bake according to the directions on the can or recipe. Serve and enjoy!