Here is the final decorating portion of the Super Bowl Cookie Pops! For this part, you will need:
- Royal Blue food coloring
- Red food coloring
- Royal Icing Recipe from yesterday found here
- #3 and #1 piping tips
- Piping bags
- Optional: Red edible marker
1. So now that your cookies have dried for at least 4 hours if not overnight, it is time to decorate and make them look like actual jerseys!
2. Start by making some Patriot Blue Icing and placing it in a piping bag fitted with the #3 tip. Outline and flood the jersey (like yesterday with the white) and let dry for 3-4 hours. Meanwhile, move onto the Giants jerseys.
3. Use either the red edible marker or red icing in a piping bag fitted with a #1 tip and write the names of the players you want on their jerseys. The Giants I used were:
- Manning #10
- Bradshaw #44
- Jacobs #27
- Cruz #80
- Nicks #88
- Baas #64
- Tynes #9
- Umenyiora #72
Some of them are well known and some of them just have cool last names.
4. Add the stripes to the sleeves of the jerseys using the #3 tip on a piping bag filled with red icing.
5. Add the appropriate numbers under the names using the same piping bag fitted with the #3 tip.
6. Now you are done with the Giants jerseys! Back to the Patriots…
7. Once the blue has completely set, use white icing in a piping bag fitted with the #1 tip and carefully write the last names on the jerseys. For the Patriots I used:
- Brady #12
- Gronkowski #87
- Branch #84
- Ochocinco #85
- Welker #83
- Green-Ellis #42
- Mayo #51
- Wilfork #75
8. Switch the tip on the white icing to the #3 an add the numbers to the jerseys.
9. Still using the #3 tip, add the thick white bands on the sleeves.
10. Use the #1 tip on the red icing bag and outline the numbers in red. This is the most difficult part but I found that moving the cookie around helps to get into the crevices. Now you are done with the Patriots jerseys!
Tomorrow, I will be tweeting photos of my final decorations so check me out @ohlovelylolo on Twitter to see the finished products! Have a great weekend!